Just toss it all into a blender or food processor and pulse about 5 or 6 times. Refrigerate in sealed quart jar for 24 hours. Shake and serve with restaurant style corn or tortilla chips. You can alter ingredients to suit personal taste preference if desired.
Ingredients can be altered to suit personal taste preferences if desired. Makes approximately 1 quart.
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red/purple or green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/16 (a pinch) teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- optional: hot sauce to taste (i.e. tobacco, habanero, Tiger)
Place in blender or food processor and pulse about six times. Refrigerate in sealed quart jar for 24 hours. Shake before serving.
Refrigerate any left overs.
Leave a Reply